LibreOffice and WikiSuite have some similarities. This page is to explain the differences and rationale of choices. You likely will be interested in the other alternatives to WikiSuite.
- Both are solutions with features for the enterprise
- Both are Free / Libre / Open Source.
- LibreOffice offers a lot of features but it doesn't have the feature scope of WikiSuite. LibreOffice has a small subset of the features of Tiki Wiki CMS Groupware.
- LibreOffice's Spreadsheet is more advanced than Tiki's spreadsheet.
- LibreOffice is a descendant of OpenOffice.org, which is a descendant of StarOffice, which was originally released in 1985. This is a long time before the web and thus, it was designed to print documents (and not create web documents)
- LibreOffice is a desktop application which stores data in files and folders. See Files vs web pages. There are efforts to make LibreOffice available online, but this is complex to retrofit.
- Tiki Wiki CMS Groupware was first released in 2002, and is a native web application which stores data in a MySQL or MariaDB database.
Since was designed for the Web, its print capabilities were poor for a long time. But a lot work was invested and now Tiki offers very good PDF generation with mPDF
|Writer – word processor
|Tiki Wiki with or without WYSIWYG
|Calc – spreadsheet
|Tiki Spreadsheet (jQuery.sheet)
|Impress – presentations
|Tiki Slideshow (reveal.js)
|Draw – diagrams
|Tiki Diagrams (MxGraph / draw.io)
|Base – database
|Math – formula editor
So basically, Tiki can do almost everything LibreOffice can. If you prefer, you can use LibreOffice and store data in the Tiki File Gallery
- WikiSuite vs Adaxa
- WikiSuite vs Atlassian
- WikiSuite vs Cloudron
- WikiSuite vs CommonsCloud
- WikiSuite vs Cozy
- WikiSuite vs Ecloud Selfhosting
- WikiSuite vs Freedombone
- WikiSuite vs FreedomBox
- WikiSuite vs GoFAST
- WikiSuite vs Google
- WikiSuite vs IBM
- WikiSuite vs Lotus Notes
- WikiSuite vs Microsoft
- WikiSuite vs Nextcloud
- WikiSuite vs Odoo
- WikiSuite vs ONLYOFFICE
- WikiSuite vs Open-Xchange
- WikiSuite vs Open365
- WikiSuite vs OpenPaaS
- WikiSuite vs Sandstorm
- WikiSuite vs YunoHost
- WikiSuite vs Zoho