How to install WikiSuite documents a typical installation. But your needs can differ.
As of 2021-01-01, this page is still early draft.
The goal is to document (or even better point to documentation) about
- Change server-wide settings via CLI
- Change server-wide settings via GUI
- Overriding settings for one site via CLI
- Overriding settings for one site via text file (like .user.ini) which work well for cloneandupgrade
- Overriding settings for one site via GUI
Should we have a default .user.ini? Perhaps with some common settings commented out?
Should we have _user.ini for default values? And we can have an alias like we do for .htaccess to _htaccess?
post_max_size = 1000M memory_limit = 4000M upload_max_filesize = 1000M display_errors = On error_reporting = E_ALL
To do: document way to override for whole server. Ex.: a dev server could have always at on, or per site.
Virtualmin -> Services -> PHP-FPM Configuration -> Error Logging -> Display error messages
In theory: Virtualmin -> (pick the Virtual Server or Sub Server) -> Server Configuration -> PHP Versions but as of 2021-01-20, this breaks the connection with the database.
On ClearOS, it was recommended to put zlib.output_compression = 1 in .user.ini What about Virtualmin?