A Syncthing installer for Virtualmin.
To install syncthing on virtualmin require few step to follow:
- On to virtualmin tab , check for install scripts on the list menu
- by default it will open available scripts, look for syncthing on list script, select it and click on the v icon to open the installation page.
- It will propose to enter the username and password to use while installation finished. note that username and password are mandatory in other case the installation will failed.
- After installation finished, a link to join syncthing is provided. click on the link to access syncthing. use the username and password registered to start your session.
After installation you need to update your script to the latest version :
Open the Virtualmin shell command:
Syncthing need an aythenticity gpg key before sharing resources.
sudo curl -o /usr/share/keyrings/syncthing-archive-keyring.gpg https://syncthing.net/release-key.gpg
We need to add syncthing new resources list, and for this case the stable channel was chosing.
echo "deb [signed-by=/usr/share/keyrings/syncthing-archive-keyring.gpg] https://apt.syncthing.net/ syncthing stable" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/syncthing.list
sudo apt-get update
for more detail about the resource https://apt.syncthing.net/
- When all this step finished, click on to virtualmin tab , to get server informations, and then scroll down to find Virtualmin Packages Updates menu and click on the Software Package Updates link to open Software Package Updates page. In some case Virtualmin Packages Updates menu is not visible, then search for package updates are available link and click on it.
- Once _ Software Package Updates _ page open, by default it will open on Package Updates tab and the default display state will be on Only updates, select installed. when ready, search for syncthing. From the result, the actual version installed will display.
But in somecase it will notify that there is an new version in case we need to update to the lastest one
- Select syncthing from result, and clik on Update selected packages. It will open a new page that provide the package detail about the current version and the new version, then click on Install Now.
When installation process finished, click on _ Return to package list button to back to A Software Package Updates __ and Voila! the update has been done.