We'll start on this as soon as most of the apps are complete.
See also WikiSuite development environment
Build a fully functioning WikiSuite environment where admins simply have to configure a few things to enjoy the vast feature set. Ex.:
- Set domain name and DNS
- Create some users
- Generating some time-limited hosted instances with a sub-domain (ex.: abc.suite.wiki, def.suite.wiki)
- Pros: Easy for team testing and emails will work (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Cons: We need to set up such a hosting infrastructure. Danger of misbehavior (spam, etc.)
- Generating a virtual machine which folks run on their environment
- Pros: No need for hosting
- Cons: Things like emails won't work well. Hard to share access and test tools
For any option, we need to be able to make a snapshot of a fully configured instance, but that has challenges:
- A clone of a instance will require a change of the domain name.
Current script: https://gitlab.com/wikisuite/virtualmin-installer