We want https://doc.tiki.org/Forum-and-Mailing-List-Synchronization without installing Mailman
What needs to be developed, if anything?
Likely this needs to be restored: https://www.clearos.com/resources/documentation/clearos/content:en_us:5_mail_aliases
- Some ideas
- Bounce management
- Check for any desired features from http://www.sympa.org/overview/features
- From Tiki forum, could be a hook to create email account.
- Self-register to site, with username/email or email as username
- Join Tiki group joins mailing list (This group is also synched with ClearOS)
- Reply to list, or just to member who sent message?
- Moderate messages depending on prefs / condition
- Group membership
- Size of message
- POP mail account
- Mails sent to this pop account are sent to all group members
- Mails sent to the group have a "reply-to" to the list
- Moderation feature should be kept (it's already a forum feature)
- Any spam / virus filters on the POP account should work
See also: https://www.openhub.net/p/hyperkitty/