Existing installs are fine.
You can also use CentOS from Linode, and do this: How to upgrade a fresh install of CentOS to ClearOS
Virtual machines on Linode start at USD$5 per month.
If CentOS released a new version in the last few weeks, read this!
If your CentOS version is more recent than the most recent released version of ClearOS, you need to run: this script because the current buildsys workflow does not fit the cloud deployment model
To create a Linode server with ClearOS:
- Log in to Linode (there's a referral code in the URL – that funds more mirrors for ClearOS!). The code can also be added during registration process: b6c99e77c3f9385a81140f8f486fd42ce4900a7e .
- Create or rebuild a node
- Select a type of Linode you want
- Click on Dashboard
- Click on the Deploying a image
- Click on the Deploying using StackScripts
- Search for ClearOS, select the ClearOS 7 StackScript and continue
- Write a root password and pick 512 MB instead of 256M
- Whenever the "Host Job Queue" processes finished, click on Boot button.
- Going on Remote Access for see properties
It takes a few minutes for the system to upgrade the CentOS image to ClearOS. When the system is ready, you will be able to login via the web-based administration tool:
(with w.x.y.z being your IP address)
Accept in your exemptions this unsecured connection.
Log in with root access.
Proceed through the rest of the web-based install wizard to tune your system and install apps!