- We want ClearOS to be a better platform to manage multiple PHP-powered websites to be more interesting platform to host websites and attract web developers (aka the ClearOS web server app). On a typical WikiSuite installation, there will be at least one Tiki instance, and most likely, another one for testing / development. We don't need to be an advanced platform to manage shared hosting (like ISPConfig is with billing, resellers, etc.) but some things should be better.
- We want ClearOS to be a great development environment for all apps in WikiSuite, starting with Tiki Wiki CMS Groupware. So Tiki developers can develop on and go to production on the same platform.
- See: ClearOS App Development
- How to build a system to demo WikiSuite
- Roadmap for the email / webmail system in WikiSuite
- Make apps for each component (Elasticsearch and Kibana, FusionPBX (including FreeSWITCH), Kimchi (including KVM), Openfire Meetings (including Jitsi Meet), Syncthing, Tiki Wiki CMS Groupware, Xibo, and WikiSuite as a meta app)
- Others issues listed below
Should work for PHP-CLI. Or if too much work, should be quite recent (like PHP 5.6) because some of the PHP-CLI apps don't run on PHP 5.3Solved in latest version of PHP engines.
- How about override of php.ini? and httpd.conf?
- Why do I have Content-language: cs Content-type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-2 ?
- How to override for /var/www/virtual ?
- How could Tiki Remote Instance Manager (TRIM) create new websites via the API (instead of GUI)
- 0001260: Add Global Address Book app
0007921: SSL / HTTPS: Generate Certificate Signing Request (CSR) certificates from the GUIfixed
0007491: SSL / HTTPS: Certificate Manager add support for intermediate certificatesfixed via https://github.com/clearos/app-certificate-manager/commit/6bed4429f6143fc8691b0701bd2fd87fd3759f9a
- 0005242: Add ability to set / override php.ini settings such as upload_max_filesize through the GUI
0005232: Add ability to set MySQL settings such as max_allowed_packet through the GUresolved
0007571: Default setting for PhpMyAdmin should permit much larger uploadsfixed
0002098: PHP: Setting default_charset to an empty value is not recommended.fixed
- 0001855: How to deal with PHP apps which can be updated via the web interface by the admin user?
- 0000746: Add GUI to cron manager
- Alternative is to add app-specific cron jobs in each app. So end user just picks task and frequency. But this won't really work well when you want to install multiple instances of an app (because apps focus on the normal use case of just one instance)
- See also: https://github.com/clearos/app-tasks
- 0001830: Tiki & other web apps: make sure Incoming firewall ports are open
- 0002206: Check validity of domain name
- 0001761: DNS aliases should be visible in list mode
- 0001941: Title of admin panel reports "localhost.localdomain" even though a domain has been set (it's just a cosmetic issue, as the data is OK but just in cache)
- HTTPS / SSL: Great results by default on http://ssl-checker.online-domain-tools.com/ and https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/
- how can we tweak the params for the attack detector (fail2ban) through the ClearOS UI? I mean, indicate which number of attempts are the threshold, and for how long they are banned. Xavier de Pedro
- Make list of all subdomains in use, and by which application
- wildcard subdomain: do nothing or redirect to example.org Ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wildcard_DNS_record
- OpenLDAP to integrate well with all apps
- Openfire: works well so far
- Tiki (some issues still)
- Add public SSH key in the GUI to provide login access
- feature redirect:
- redirect subdomain to another or to a directory
- redirect directory (ex.: /webmail) to another ot a domain name (ex.: webmail.example.org)
- To participate to the ClearOS wiki
- Go to https://www.clearos.com and click on the top right login and proceed to login to the Community Forums.
- Once logged in, navigate here: https://www.clearos.com/dokuwiki2/doku.php?id=start It will get you the 'behind Joomla' Dokuwiki access where you can then edit/create pages.